In the fall of 2014, we plan to begin offering two comprehensive certification programs to our students.
- The Learn About The Web™ Online Business Certification Exam
- The Learn About The Web™ Webmaster Certification Exam
If you’re interested in the Webmaster Certification Exam, Click here for more details.
The Learn About The Web™ Online Business Certification Exam
Creating an online business is still creating a BUSINESS and as such, you need a firm understanding of how a business runs and operates. A bad business strategy will fail both offline and online.
You see, in this new world of online marketing, a lot of the vocabulary might be different but the principles remain the same.
Here’s an example of the tasks you need to start a traditional business and you can see how they directly map to our course.
Let’s say you wanted to open up a coffee shop in your neighborhood. You would have to go through certain steps to build that business.
- You would need to do research to figure out if there was demand for coffee in that neighborhood (Online we call that Brainstorming).
- You need to rent or build the actual shop. (Online we call that Web Design and Web Building).
- You could choose to buy a coffee shop from someone else (Online we call that Buying a Website).
- You need to hire labor (Online that’s Outsourcing).
- You need to attract people to your business (Online that’s Web Marketing).
- Once they are in your store, you need to convert visitors to customers (Online that’s Website Monetization).
- You need to make sure your store is clean and functioning well (Online that’s Website Maintenance).
As you can see, it’s not a big mystery. A lot of traditional business strategy is the same online but it still requires a sound understanding of Online Marketing principles.
This fall, we will be offering a very comprehensive Online Business Certification Exam where we test the skills of professionals who claim to have expertise in this field.
Unlike our Webmaster Certification Exam, this will not be a technical exam. This will be a set of scenario based questions designed to test the online business skills of the student.
Some of the topics covered in this exam will be:
- Keyword Research
- Development Budgets
- Project Planning
- Project Management
- Buying a Website
- Advertising Budgets
- Partnerships and alliances
- Link strategies
And much more…
We anticipate that testing will begin in the late summer/fall of 2015.
If you’d like to stay updated about the Learn About The Web Online Business Certification Program, leave your details in the form below and we will notify you of any updates and changes as they occur.